Anyway, I thought it might be helpful to have a list of those bits and pieces that I think are essential if you're starting your own magic craft box at home......
- Construction Paper (slighty rough surfaced coloured paper - cheap, buy in bulk, fab for childrens crafts)
- Glue - glue sticks and PVA glue
- Things to write and draw with - felt tips, pencils, crayons, pastels..
- Googly Eyes
- White plain paper bags - can buy in bulk on ebay really cheaply
- White Paper Cups - as above!
- Lolly sticks
- Pipe Cleaners
- Stickers - what child doesn't love stickers?!
- Bits of coloured wool
- Cotton Balls
- Paper Plates - I buy Smartprice ones from Asda
- Washable Paints - I buy the squeezy bottles
- A variety of brushes and sponges
- String and ribbon
- Bits of fabric, tissue paper, foil, foam sheets, textured paper for collages
- Empty cardboard tubes
- Glitter/sequins to add a touch of sparkle
If you're a bit of a novice at childrens craft activities the list above should stand you in great stead and get you on your crafty way - you can begin to add to your magic craft box by saving everything from old magazines to yoghurt pots, cardboard boxes to egg boxes and then you'll never be stuck for things to do on a good old British rainy day!
Happy crafting! x